I have been asked a few times about herbal formula for cleaning the bowels, and gastrointestinal tract in general. Below are a list of formula I have gathered from some of the more effective herbalists of the past and today.
The formula are listed as known, you may substitute any herb as you desire.
Dr Sebi’s Chelation 2
- Cascara sagrada (Rhamnus purshiana)
- Prodigiosa (Brickellia)
- Pao pereira (Geissospermum vellosii)
- Rhubarb (Rheum palmatum)
Dosage: 2-3 Capsules in the A.M. & P.M.
Dr Sebi’s Chelation 1
- Cardo Santo / Blessed Thistle
Dosage: 2tbsp. at Bedtime
Dr Christopher’s Lower Bowel Formula
- 2 parts Cascara sagrada bark (Rhamnus purshiana)
- 1 part Barberry bark (Berberis vulgaris)
- 1 part Cayenne (Capsicum minimum)
- 1 part Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- 1 part Golden seal root (Hydrastis canadensis)
- 1 part Lobelia herb and/or seeds (Lobelia inflata)
- 1 part Red raspberry leaves (Rubus idaeus)
- 1 part Turkey rhubarb root (Rheum palmatum)
- 1 part Fennel (Foeniculum vulgari)
Dosage: 2 capsules three times a day (1 hour before or after meals) or as directed by your Health Care Professional.
Dr Morse’ GI Broom
- Psyllium Husk Powder (Plantago)
- Cascara Sagrada Bark (Rhamnus purshiana)
- Plantain Leaf (Plantago major)
- Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra)
- Marshmallow Root (Althaea officinalis)
- Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.)
- White Oak Bark (Quercus alba L.)
- Irish Moss (Chondrus crispus)
- Chickweed Herb (Stellaria media)
- Bayberry Root (Berberis vulgaris)
- Mullein Leaf (Verbascum)
- Cape Aloe Leaf (Aloe ferox)
- Bentonite Clay
- Activated Charcoal
- Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale)
- Aloe Vera Leaf (Aloe vera)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum)
- Acerola Cherry Powder (Malpighia emarginata)
Dosage: Typical dosage is 2 to 6 Caps with water/juice once or twice a day. Take at least 2 hours after meals and supplementation.
Specific ratios are not given, except in the case of Dr Christopher’s bowel cleanse.
Note: There are others I will be adding to the list, so please check back.
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.