1 tablespoon Seamoss gel
2 Passion fruit
2 small ripe Bananas
- Cut open passion fruit and empty the contents in a blender and add 1 cup of water.
- Pulse about 4 to 6 times (do not blend, the aim is to make it easier to remove the seeds and get more of the natural juice; passion fruit has a lot of seeds).
- Strain the passion fruit liquid to separate the seeds and pulp. There will likely be seeds remaining in the blender so rinse to remove seeds.
- Return the passion fruit juice to the blender.
- Add seamoss (If you are using raw seamoss; take about 1 g wash thoroughly and soak in water preferably overnight or for at least 5 hours). Also, add ginger and 1 cup water to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Peel and break bananas into smaller pieces add to the blender; and blend further until smooth.
- Serve as it is or chill if you prefer.
Serve: 2 persons
Recipe note: This is a recipe you can play with this recipe by adding more or less of the ingredients depending on the quantity you want. Not only is this a very tasty recipe it is also very nutritious. Seamoss in particular has a number of vital minerals that the body need such as potassium, sodium and magnesium to name a few. Passion fruit also is very nutritious and can aid the body when dealing such health issue and is noted to have anti-diabteic, anti-hypertensive among a number of other properties.
Diabetes and Medicinal Benefits of Passiflora Edulis
Nutritive Values of Passion Fruit (Passiflora Species) Seeds and Its Role in Human Health
Effects of different concentrations of passion fruit peel (Passiflora edulis) on the glicemic control in diabetic rat
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.