This recipe quinoa alkaline vegetable stir-fry combines quinoa with alkaline vegetables to create a nutritious and flavourful dish.
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Juice of 1 key lime
- Sea salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs (such as basil) for garnish
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water. In a saucepan, combine the quinoa, water or vegetable broth, and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped red onion. Sauté for a couple of minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, cooked chickpeas, and kale to the skillet. Stir-fry the vegetables for about 5-7 minutes until they become tender but still slightly crisp.
- Sprinkle the ground turmeric and ground ginger over the vegetables. Stir well to coat the vegetables evenly with the spices.
- Squeeze the juice of one key lime over the stir-fry and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Season with sea salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Serve the vegetable stir-fry over the cooked quinoa, and garnish with chopped fresh herbs, such as basil.
This quinoa and alkaline vegetable stir-fry is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients and alkaline ingredients, making it a healthy choice for a meal. Enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.