Brain and Central nerve tonic made especially for children with Attention Deficit Disorder (A.D.D) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (A.D.H.D). Effective for nervous system conditions (e.g., pain, irritability and sleepiness). Also effective in adults. Cleanses and nourishes the central nervous system. High in potassium phosphate and other minerals. Good for stress, anxiety and other neurological issues.
Elderberry (Sambucus nigra)
Blue Vervain (Verbana hastata, Verbana officinalis)
Budock root (Arctium lappa)
Valerian root ( Valeriana officinalis)
Bugleweed (Lycopus yirginieus)
A previous formula included: Santa maria (Tanacetum parthenium), Blue vervain, Bardana (Burdock root), Elderberry
Summary of the traditional uses of the herbs in Banju
Below is a summary of some of the traditional uses of the herbs in this formula
– Elderberry – Elderberry is shown to have positive effects against stroke damage at the molecular level (elderberry impacts brain and central nervous system function). There is research evidence suggesting that Canadian elderberry extracts could efficiently target both the cancer and vascular compartments associated to brain tumour development. Elder is stated to possess diaphoretic and anticatarrhal properties. Traditionally, it has been used for dropsy, influenza, colds, chronic nasal catarrh with deafness and sinusitis. Elder is also stated to act as a diuretic, laxative and local anti-inflammatory agent.
– Blue Vervain – Blue Vervain is used for nervous disorders, hallucinations, nervous exhaustion, epilepsy, palsy, ague, St. Vitus’ dance, locomotor ataxia, nervous exhaustion, ailments of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa such as sore throat, respiratory tract ailments such as coughs, asthma and whooping cough, internally for pain, cramps, fatigue, digestive disorders, liver and gallbladder conditions, jaundice, kidney and urinary tract complaints, menopausal complaints and irregular menstruation. It is also used to promote lactation, rheumatic ailments, gout, metabolic disorders, chlorosis and edema.
– Burdock root – Burdock is regarded as one of the best blood cleanser/purifier – alterative. It offers protection against toxicity, complaints of the gastrointestinal tract; acts as a diaphoretic and diuretic. It is anti-tumour. Externally, it is used for ichthyosis, psoriasis and seborrhea of the scalp, carbuncles, ulcers and erythema of the skin as well as sore throats.
– Valerian root – Valerian is used for nervousness and insomnia, restlessness, sleeping disorders based on nervous conditions, mental strain, lack of concentration, excitability, stress, headache, neurasthenia, epilepsy, hysteria, nervous cardiopathy, menstrual states of agitation, pregnancy, menopause, neuralgia, fainting, nervous stomach cramps, colic, uterine spasticity and states of anxiety.
– Bugleweed – Bugleweed is used for nervousness and insomnia, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), mild thyroid hyperfunction associated with disturbances of the autonomic nervous system, tension and pain in the breast (mastodynia), functional and organic cardiac conditions, liver and kidney ailments.
– Santa Maria (Feverfew) – Santa Maria is used mainly for migraine, arthritis, rheumatic ailments and allergies, cramps, as a tonic, a stimulant, a digestive agent and a blood purifier. It is used for migraine prophylaxis, digestion problems, intestinal parasites and gynecological disorders, dysmenorrhea, as a wash for inflammation and wounds, as a tranquilizer, an antiseptic, and a mouthwash following tooth extraction. Used in post-natal care to reduce lochia. It is also used externally as an antiseptic and insecticide.
2 tbsp in AM & PM
First International Symposium on ELDERBERRY held June 9-14, 2013 and hosted at Stoney Creek Inn, Columbia, MO by the University of Missouri.
Antiproliferative efficacy of elderberries and elderflowers (Sambucus canadensis) on glioma and brain endothelial cells under normoxic and
hypoxic conditions. Sylvie Lamy, Évelyne Muhire, Borhane Annabi
Dr. Edward Shook’s FAMOUS COURSE IN HERBOLOGY For Home Study
Herbal Medicines THIRD EDITION Joanne Barnes BPharm, PhD, MRPharmS, RegPharmNZ, MPSNZ, FLS
This article is copyrighted by Ital is Vital, 2020. Want to re-post this article? Visit our guidelines.
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.